Skip to main content

In case you missed it...

Until around late 2002 to early 2003 I watched Fox 'News' "coverage" about equally with CNN and MSNBC. I say "coverage" because my viewing never included any of their talking head shows.

I could never take Bill "A Current Affair" O'Reilly all that seriously, and found the others (like Sean Hannity) cut from his same cloth of bombastic doctrinaire pseudo-patriotism.

When even their "news coverage" devolved into a constant shrill hype-fest for WAR WAR WAR
with Iraq I simply tuned out for good and never looked back.

This is not to say I didn't regularly channel-flip through their "programming" (what a perfect word for it) for occasional 5-10 minute (out)bursts of high-pitched nonsense.

They never failed to deliver and have morphed over the last 6 years from propagandizing alarmists to truly alarming propagandists.

Witness their preposterous alteration (distortion) of the images of two New York Times journalists :



This is truly a new low worthy only of the Nazis or Stalinists.

It reminds of the propaganda posters physically caricaturing Jewish people as misanthropic gnomes with large hooked noses and sharp teeth. (The exaggerated nose of a target whose name is Steinberg certainly strikes me as no accident.)

The only thing more disturbing than these indefensible photo forgeries is the fact that millions of people still swear by Fox News and are daily "programmed" by its propaganda trash.

Comments

Hube said…
Tyler: Really, you've gotta stop the Hitler/Nazi/Third Reich analogies. FNC is hardly alone in such [childish] doctoring; rival MSNBC does it all the time, let alone "major" news outlets that have been caught photoshopping and/or sensationalizing stories based such photos.

I agree it is childish; however, singling out the ONLY major right-leaning network for doing such is disingenuous.
Tyler Nixon said…
Hube - I had a feeling you would show up with objections. As far as other networks doing anything even resembling this crap : show me.

Fox is not a "right-leaning" network. They are a shameless and disgusting propaganda machine for war.

Goebbels would marvel at what Fox is capable of.
Tyler Nixon said…
Incidentally, Hube are Stalinist references OK?
LOL,

I thought it was funny and totally apt coming from a network like FOX.
Anonymous said…
Damn it, those propagandists at that network must be in league with Delaware's DMV. Those local morons did the same to my Drivers License photo.

(I think its a button called "fit to form".)

Bastards. (lol)
tom said…
I love the "Fox News" parodies on The Simpsons where the news photos have devil horns or Hitler mustaches or similar stuff added to them.

Popular posts from this blog

A Libertarian Martin Luther King Jr. Day post

In which we travel into interesting waters . . . (for a fairly long trip, so be prepared) Dr. King's 1968 book, Where do we go from here:  chaos or community? , is profound in that it criticizes anti-poverty programs for their piecemeal approach, as John Schlosberg of the Center for a Stateless Society  [C4SS] observes: King noted that the antipoverty programs of the time “proceeded from a premise that poverty is a consequence of multiple evils,” with separate programs each dedicated to individual issues such as education and housing. Though in his view “none of these remedies in itself is unsound,” they “all have a fatal disadvantage” of being “piecemeal,” with their implementation having “fluctuated at the whims of legislative bodies” or been “entangled in bureaucratic stalling.”   The result is that “fragmentary and spasmodic reforms have failed to reach down to the profoundest needs of the poor.” Such single-issue approaches also have “another common failing — ...

Libertarian National Committee Deathwatch Part 1

As the LNC continues to lurch towards collapse, with the latest news of mass layoffs at HQ, I've decided to begin tracking those things leading the national party to irrelevance, even as state and local parties gain power. As news, rumors and rhetoric break out, I shall chronicle them in this ongoing series at Delaware Libertarian. Organizations approaching failure have a number of characteristics. One of the most striking is renunciation of their purpose and effort to reinvent themselves as a "me-too" provider of services in the marketplace. In this, the LNC has been on a collision course with destiny for a while now. Recently, for example, it hired Republican Party web site developer TerraEclipse to redesign the LNC web site . Terra created a web site very similar to those of the clients it brags most about -- far-right Republican conservatives like Tom McClintock and BJ Lawson. A quick look at the web site they built for the LNC is instructive. The tagline on the ...

The disturbing decline of the Delaware blogosphere: a very unfortunate Around the Horn (even if it's not Friday)

I've noticed a change in my own blog-checking habits over the past several weeks, and I don't know if it's just me or the reality of the last month of a divisive political campaign. I automatically used to check out Delawareliberal first and several times a day, because it was where I could find edgy, thought-provoking, and (dare I say it) funny banter going on. These days visit several other spots first, and my visits to DL are both shorter and less engaged. Why? Because the combination of invading neo-con commenters with the stridency of some of the major contributors has led to such pleasant exchanges as a post dedicated to labeling another blogger racist by donviti, whose own sense of provocative humor is generally so far out there that he makes John Belushi doing Samurai bartender on the SNL look positively pro-Asian. Or I can find Delawaredem and jason periodically spewing the idea that anybody who is not a liberal or progressive Democrat is somehow a non-American,...