Skip to main content

Announcing the Scott Gesty "Dog Days of August" money grenade



(If you are one of my out-of-state readers, be sure to see the note below):
A message from Scott Gesty:

To all supporters of Liberty:
I am happy to announce my first fundraising event.  We are calling it "The Gesty for Congress Dog Days of Summer Money Grenade"  It's not a 'Money Bomb' because we aren't looking for millions of dollars.  We have a targeted goal of raising $1,300 in the first ten days of August.  This is the amount need to place an Ad on a well listened to Delaware radio station sometime in the Fall.  We need your help to make history and put an Ad for a Libertarian candidate on the radio in the First State.
And I'm going to sweeten the pot.  You may recall that in 2010, I pretty much financed my run for State Representative out of my own pocket.  I really can't afford to do that this time around.  But, if you are willing to support this effort and put your hard earned money into my campaign, I feel I must do my part.  So for this event only, I will match your contribution dollar for dollar up to the goal of $1,300.   That's right, if click on that donate button on the website and donate $100, I will match that $100.  If I receive a check in the mail dated between August 1st and August 10th, I will match that too. 
A $2,600 injection of capital into the campaign early on can set us on a course to do big things come the Fall. I'd like to thank you in advance for your anticipated support.
In Liberty,
Scott
 
PS:  This is a ONE TIME event.  You won't see another one 4 weeks from now.  I'm not saying I won't accept or won't be asking for more donations down the road.  That's the nature of a campaign.  But this will be the ONLY Money Grenade Matching Funds event.  Events aren't special or have the same meaning if you do them over and over again.  Even I was tired of the Ron Paul Money Bombs after the 3rd or 4th one.
For Libertarians outside Delaware:  Many of you know the extent to which The Delaware Libertarian has supported you in the past--both with publicity and even contributions when I could afford it.

Now it's time to ask you to step up to the plate:  the putative GOP candidate in this race is so weak (his campaign "lacks a pulse," wrote one Delaware political commenter) that we have an excellent chance with Scott's campaign to make him the main competition for an incumbent Congressman--John Carney--that most of the Democrats don't even really like.

But we have to have the dollars to get Scott on the air to make it happen.  Exploding this money grenade and reaching $1,300 ($2,600 when we match it) will allow us to make useful buys at two Delaware radio stations.

Anything extra will go into signs, bumper stickers, you know the drill.  But we need some media, and we're going to have to make the orders in the last two weeks of August.

Got questions about Scott?  Go here and find out.

And--to be honest--expect me to be sending you a personal communication hitting you up.  Fifty people each ponying up $25 will get Scott's message on the air.  Go to Scott Gesty for Congress now, so you don't have to hear from me tomorrow.

Comments

anonone said…
So Gesty is a self-proclaimed "Ron Paul" Libertarian.

Nice.

Of course, Ron Paul is an old racist Republican who opposes the civil rights act, believes that women don't have the right to control their own bodies, and thinks the separation of church and state is wrong, among his other whacky ideas.

Just we need in Congress, more Ron Paul Repubertarians.

Popular posts from this blog

A Libertarian Martin Luther King Jr. Day post

In which we travel into interesting waters . . . (for a fairly long trip, so be prepared) Dr. King's 1968 book, Where do we go from here:  chaos or community? , is profound in that it criticizes anti-poverty programs for their piecemeal approach, as John Schlosberg of the Center for a Stateless Society  [C4SS] observes: King noted that the antipoverty programs of the time “proceeded from a premise that poverty is a consequence of multiple evils,” with separate programs each dedicated to individual issues such as education and housing. Though in his view “none of these remedies in itself is unsound,” they “all have a fatal disadvantage” of being “piecemeal,” with their implementation having “fluctuated at the whims of legislative bodies” or been “entangled in bureaucratic stalling.”   The result is that “fragmentary and spasmodic reforms have failed to reach down to the profoundest needs of the poor.” Such single-issue approaches also have “another common failing — ...

Libertarian National Committee Deathwatch Part 1

As the LNC continues to lurch towards collapse, with the latest news of mass layoffs at HQ, I've decided to begin tracking those things leading the national party to irrelevance, even as state and local parties gain power. As news, rumors and rhetoric break out, I shall chronicle them in this ongoing series at Delaware Libertarian. Organizations approaching failure have a number of characteristics. One of the most striking is renunciation of their purpose and effort to reinvent themselves as a "me-too" provider of services in the marketplace. In this, the LNC has been on a collision course with destiny for a while now. Recently, for example, it hired Republican Party web site developer TerraEclipse to redesign the LNC web site . Terra created a web site very similar to those of the clients it brags most about -- far-right Republican conservatives like Tom McClintock and BJ Lawson. A quick look at the web site they built for the LNC is instructive. The tagline on the ...

The disturbing decline of the Delaware blogosphere: a very unfortunate Around the Horn (even if it's not Friday)

I've noticed a change in my own blog-checking habits over the past several weeks, and I don't know if it's just me or the reality of the last month of a divisive political campaign. I automatically used to check out Delawareliberal first and several times a day, because it was where I could find edgy, thought-provoking, and (dare I say it) funny banter going on. These days visit several other spots first, and my visits to DL are both shorter and less engaged. Why? Because the combination of invading neo-con commenters with the stridency of some of the major contributors has led to such pleasant exchanges as a post dedicated to labeling another blogger racist by donviti, whose own sense of provocative humor is generally so far out there that he makes John Belushi doing Samurai bartender on the SNL look positively pro-Asian. Or I can find Delawaredem and jason periodically spewing the idea that anybody who is not a liberal or progressive Democrat is somehow a non-American,...