From Kids Prefer Cheese:
"The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), or National Volunteer Corps, said the bovine beverage is undergoing laboratory tests for the next 2 to 3 months but did not give a specific date for its commercial release.
The flavor is not yet known, but the RSS said the liquid produced by Hinduism's revered holy cows is being mixed with products such as aloe vera and gooseberry to fight diseases such as diabetes and cancer.
Many Hindus consider cow urine to have medicinal properties and it is often drunk in religious festivals.
The organization, which aims to transform India's secular society and establish the supremacy of a Hindu majority, said it had not decided on a name or a price for the drink.
"Cow urine offers a cure for around 70 to 80 incurable diseases like diabetes. All are curable by cow urine," Om Prakash, the head of the RSS Cow Protection Department, told Reuters by phone."
Snarky observations follow:
1. "The flavor is not yet known". Really?? They don't know what cow urine soda is going to taste like?
2. Om Prakash seems to be suffering from an extremely serious misunderstanding of what the word "incurable" means.
3. Extra bonus, stolen from commenter Lars on Marginal Revolution: "Doesn't Budweiser already produce this beverage?"
To which I can only add my own observations:
4. If drinking cow urine cures my cancer (assuming I ever have it), get me Jack Kevorkian's phone number.
5. Drinking cow urine soda will also cure any current or future marriage/relationship with significant other.
6. But if we taxed it, think of how many new jobs it might create...