Here are his seven points for calling legislators:
Make sure to say the following when you call:
Senate Bill 27 will PERMANENTLY OUTLAW CIVIL UNIONS.1. Gay Marriage is already not legal in Delaware - this bill is REALLY about Civil Unions .
2. Major state employers like DuPont, AstraZeneca, and the big banks offer Domestic Partnership benefits. This bill sends the wrong message in the current economy and will give their employees an incentive to live (and shop) in New Jersey or Maryland (which recognize Domestic Partnerships).
3. This bill is bad for the economy - it will chase away entrepenuers
4. According to Gallup, 55% of Americans support Civil Unions, and Delaware is more socially progressive than the average state.
5. It would be very unfair and undemocratic if the legislature amended the constitution to ban something that a majority of Delawareans support.
6. If this amendment passes, Delaware will become the ONLY state in the Northeast to ban Civil Unions.
Remember, they will ask for your name and address, so act civilly and don’t curse.
I realize that people of good conscience can disagree on the issue of same-sex marriage (although I have never been shown a convincing, fact-based argument for opposing it), but it is a basic Libertarian tenet that personal contracts should not, as a general rule, be regulated by the State.
This is massive State intrusion into the private lives of Delaware citizens.
Make the phone calls that Xstryker recommends. I have and I will continue to do so.