Remembering that I'm not supporting Bob Barr, I'm still obviously interested in how he's presenting the Libertarian Party, and in how well his campaign is doing.
So before you watch it, my initial reactions:
1) It's too long, although it certainly could be mined for shorter segments.
2) I think any number of people will be outraged at the use of Martin Luther King, especially juxtaposed with Ronald Reagan. I think it comes across as forced.
3) The overt appeal to Ron Paul supporters is a bit ham-handed, but we'll see how it plays.
4) Nobody outside the Libertarian movement and its most strident critics actually knows who Ayn Rand was, so it's a good play to the radicals, but they're not listening.
5) Ironically, the best sections of the ad occur when Bob Barr talks about the Obama and McCain. There's the nugget of a very good 30 or 60 second piece in here.
So what do you think?