Skip to main content

THE REAL OBAMA : Pandering to Religious Socialists

Barack Obama is so shaping up to be essentially the same ideological man the country foolishly-elected in 2000. If he isn't he certainly looks to be adopting George W. Bush's national religious socialistic tendencies hand-over-fist, but with even more grandiose visions to be fulfilled from on-high.

Barack wants to expand "faith-based" initiatives, using public funds to steer resources to churches and religious groups. One need not be troubled by Obama's decades-long personal religious ties to an inflammatory wingnut to be severely troubled by this latest from the Democratic party left's would-be messiah.

Amazingly, he dares disguise this government expansion as some hybrid form of uber-government, a massive combine of religious groups endowed with government largesse.

""The challenges we face today ... are simply too big for government to solve alone," Obama said.

(Personally I would have said "Government is simply too big for any of us to solve the challenges we face today".)

No offense, but the only thing scarier to me than a religion-peddling big government Republican is a religion-peddling big Government Democrat. No progressive in their right mind would be anything but outraged by what Barack Obama is rapidly evolving into.

I have a feeling the secular "faith-based government" lefties (with whom I agree about the secular part, but not the faith in government part) will (or should) be regularly beating themselves about the head-and-shoulders as Barack Obama reveals who he really is (or really isn't) in the months ahead.

As their erstwhile messiah shows himself willing and eager to blur the lines between church and state, his secular left deliverers may begin to realize what some of us saw long ago in the cultish quasi-religion that became of his campaign.

Turns out it wasn't quasi-religion but more like old-time religion...good old fashioned mind control bait-and-switch kind of stuff.

I am confident the hardest core Obamabots will spin it thusly (as with all other precedent revelations of Obama's dismal true colors) :

"Oh but Barack is different. [*coooooh*].
He is a new and improved kind of religious national socialist. He won't bring us the evil religious national socialism of George W. Bush."

Personally, I'll take a complete pass on religious national socialism, and any phony pandering snake oil huckster peddling it, whether from Texas or Chicago.


Obama said, "In time, I came to see faith as being both a personal commitment to Christ and a commitment to my community; that while I could sit in church and pray all I want, I wouldn't be fulfilling God's will unless I went out and did the Lord's work."

(Excuse me.....BLECHHHHHHH.)

One must wonder if God speaks directly to Barack, like to his soul brother George W., and if Barack believes his election will fulfill God's will.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I spent a bit of time telling Obama-supporting friends of mine that he'd break their hearts. But even I didn't expect it to happen less than a month after he clinched his party's nomination!

Popular posts from this blog

A Libertarian Martin Luther King Jr. Day post

In which we travel into interesting waters . . . (for a fairly long trip, so be prepared) Dr. King's 1968 book, Where do we go from here:  chaos or community? , is profound in that it criticizes anti-poverty programs for their piecemeal approach, as John Schlosberg of the Center for a Stateless Society  [C4SS] observes: King noted that the antipoverty programs of the time “proceeded from a premise that poverty is a consequence of multiple evils,” with separate programs each dedicated to individual issues such as education and housing. Though in his view “none of these remedies in itself is unsound,” they “all have a fatal disadvantage” of being “piecemeal,” with their implementation having “fluctuated at the whims of legislative bodies” or been “entangled in bureaucratic stalling.”   The result is that “fragmentary and spasmodic reforms have failed to reach down to the profoundest needs of the poor.” Such single-issue approaches also have “another common failing — ...

Libertarian National Committee Deathwatch Part 1

As the LNC continues to lurch towards collapse, with the latest news of mass layoffs at HQ, I've decided to begin tracking those things leading the national party to irrelevance, even as state and local parties gain power. As news, rumors and rhetoric break out, I shall chronicle them in this ongoing series at Delaware Libertarian. Organizations approaching failure have a number of characteristics. One of the most striking is renunciation of their purpose and effort to reinvent themselves as a "me-too" provider of services in the marketplace. In this, the LNC has been on a collision course with destiny for a while now. Recently, for example, it hired Republican Party web site developer TerraEclipse to redesign the LNC web site . Terra created a web site very similar to those of the clients it brags most about -- far-right Republican conservatives like Tom McClintock and BJ Lawson. A quick look at the web site they built for the LNC is instructive. The tagline on the ...

The disturbing decline of the Delaware blogosphere: a very unfortunate Around the Horn (even if it's not Friday)

I've noticed a change in my own blog-checking habits over the past several weeks, and I don't know if it's just me or the reality of the last month of a divisive political campaign. I automatically used to check out Delawareliberal first and several times a day, because it was where I could find edgy, thought-provoking, and (dare I say it) funny banter going on. These days visit several other spots first, and my visits to DL are both shorter and less engaged. Why? Because the combination of invading neo-con commenters with the stridency of some of the major contributors has led to such pleasant exchanges as a post dedicated to labeling another blogger racist by donviti, whose own sense of provocative humor is generally so far out there that he makes John Belushi doing Samurai bartender on the SNL look positively pro-Asian. Or I can find Delawaredem and jason periodically spewing the idea that anybody who is not a liberal or progressive Democrat is somehow a non-American,...